Satellite
  • Day 7

    Some down time

    July 15, 2018 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    The day after the wedding we had some well deserved rest. The wedding couple had payed for the entire hotel and we enjoyed some breakfast with the newly extended Serrano family and made use of the hotel pool. Tilde practiced her diving and Freja her floating skills. Viggo just splashed around with his floating devices. We stayed a couple of hours after we checked out and watched the world cup finals on a big screen the hotel staff put up.

    In the afternoon we went back to Jim and Emelia at Casa de Playa and hung out the rest of the day around our rooms and on the beach. The girls played cards and Viggo were hanging around his grandparents and me and Bengt had some time to just sit, relax and read. I heard that back in Sweden the heat wave continue and some of my friends are volonteering to stand watch over areas in danger of forest fires. Apparently you guys have around 35 degrees, we just have 25 and quite windy as we are located right on the beach.

    In the evening we went back to our grilled chicken place for dinner. A really lovely family: they decide for the evening what to grill which means the menue might change from night to night but the food is always fresh. And i have managed to do our order in spanish so they must be very well meaning 😁 This particular night the kids went for grilled chicken and i for the meat. Bengt had "choletas" which we learned afterwards was porkchops. Then we had milkshakes to go: chocolate, guanabana and pineapple. Sweet ending on a sweet day. Viggo fell asleep while i was helping him with his pyamas and Bengt followed him shortly after. Me and the girls layed awake and talked about dreams and about making a dream diary. At 10 pm we called it a night.
    Read more