Satellite
  • Day 14

    Habemus Camioneta & Camping takeover

    January 27, 2018 in Chile ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    We have a camioneta! It´s a(n) (un)practical 4x4 pick-up. Gravel roads, no problem from now on!

    Today we were planning on enjoying the sunshine and lake views from our camping, and while working a little on our next project. That was the theory.

    In practice, due to external reasons we had to change (some) of our plans. We drove into the camping place, and it was full. I mean Chilean full, not German full.

    It took us a couple of minutes to identify our tent (and parcel). We didn´t have a table anymore and “our” electricity post (yes, we have 3 plugs outside – I have asked myself what happens when it rains) was occupied with a boiler and a mini-fridge. Two family groups also lured by the view and easy access to the lake beach, had made themselves comfortable. So much that they even used the lines of our tent to hang cloths to dry. I´m glad we provided such a homey atmosphere that they felt at home. These 30 people, plus another 140 were making “asado”. “Grillen” but the bigger, louder, and I would dare to say somewhat more elaborate yet rustic version. Germans think they are “Grillmeisters” and then they come to Chile (let´s see what our experience is in world- famous Argentina!). I must say, I think it was a humbling experience for German Micha.

    Asado for lunch: by the quantities of food that they had, it could have also been dinner. But as we learnt later, it was only lunch. At 5 they had Kuchen & Café/ Mate – table cloth included, and at 7 the fires when on again, and the same amount of food was placed on the grills and pans. Very German-like actually, just big and without any worries.

    *Cake, is actually also called Kuchen here.

    Also around that day, a local church group first rehearsing, then an open-air mass, and then a baptism (including a lake the lake). Two football teams, around 12 dogs (with and without know owners), jumping castle, jumping board, at least 3 groups of live musicians (traditional and rap), and each group had their own loudspeakers. Reaggeton is popular. Very popular.
    Read more