Satellite
  • Day 24

    Driving Day

    March 16, 2019 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    The day got off to a shakey start as there was no running water when we awoke. A call to the front desk informed us they were aware of the problem and working on it. Unable to wash or shave, we brushed our teeth with soda water and packed up the van. We stopped at a rest area for a much needed coffee but the cafeteria was crowded and understaffed. One man was making the coffee and serving the tables. On top of that, his cash register was not working. This seemed to be a local Sun. morning coffee and breakfast stop with the counter seats full. In any case, we did get coffee. Christine bought a box of cookies but they were pretty dry.

    The drive was easy and scenic and we made good time.

    The town of El Albir was easy to find and armed with a map the resort had provided we felt confident we could make it before their office closed. Unfortunately, many streets are not marked and of course our finicky GPS would not recognize the address nor the name of our resort. To make matters worse, the resort is halfway up a mountain, many of the streets are one way and the Tourist Information kiosk was closed. After 20 minutes cruising the hills we finally spotted a sign and Brian ran to the office to catch the receptionist before it closed. Once settled we drove into town (very carefully watching for landmarks so we could find our way back in the dark) and had a wonderful dinner at Lings.

    That night we received an email from the last resort asking for a €28 fee for “utilities”. We replied asking for some consideration re: the water problems mentioned above and they kindly waived the fee. Yea.
    Read more