Satellite
  • Day 16

    Bonaire

    January 18, 2022 in Bonaire ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Our journey between Grenada and Bonaire was calm and hot. Bonaire is one of the three Islands comprising the Dutch Antilles. They are Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. They lie outside of the hurricane belt and have a steady temperature of between 28 and 32 degrees. They are close to the coast of Venezuela. We will be visiting Bonaire first and then Curacao and finally Aruba. We have nothing organised in Bonaire and hope to just wander around the capital, Kralendijk. If we have time we might take a taxi to the beach.

    Lovely morning for our arrival in Bonaire. Forecast to be 28 to 30 degrees and light winds. The ship docked close to the town centre and we disembarked about 9.20 hrs. For the first time we were asked for evidence of our vaccinations. We had them stored on our phones and so this was straightforward. We walndered around Kralendijk. Not much here apart from the brightly painted buildings. We had a coffee and then took a water taxi to the nearby Eden beach. Not the best beach ever but the snorkelling was fantastic. Lots of fish. Spent a long time swimming. At 2pm we returned by water taxi and walked back to the ship in time for afternoon tea. Tomorrow we will be in Curacao where we have booked a snorkelling trip.
    Read more