Satellite
  • Day 22

    Antigua

    January 24, 2022 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    Had a bit of a shock this morning when I rose out of bed, threw back the curtains and found the Queen Victoria parked right next to us. She does not look good. She needs urgently painting and there are clearly no passengers on board. A lot of furniture is piled up on the balconies. So why is she in Antigua? It probably confirms the rumour spread in Barbados that she is being used for another purpose, possibly as a hospital ship.

    Antigua had no Covid restrictions for our visit other than a temperature test and the need to wear masks everywhere.

    Very warm here but a bit drizzly but the forecast is better for later. Currently sitting in a bar drinking iced coffee with Jean, who dances with us on board. Already visited the local church, which badly needs repair and walked around the town of St John but not particularly interesting.

    A lot of speculation taking place as to how many passengers are currently in isolation suffering from Covid. We know that people who have danced on board are in isolation with the virus but the interesting thing is that yesterday, trying to access the rear of the ship we came across one of the security doors that secures the isolation areas at the rear but which a crew member had left open briefly and there were trays, which would have held meals, lying empty on the floor indicating that there were several people in isolation along that particular corridor. We are still testing ourselves twice a week with an antigen test and we continue to be negative.

    St Kitts tomorrow and a visit to the beach.
    Read more