Satellite
  • Day 2

    CPH-NYC

    October 4, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    So I started my journey with an 8-hour flight from Copenhagen to New York. Fortunately it was a direct flight which makes the trip a lot more pleasant! Additionally I had made a low bid to get my ticket upgraded to the Premium cabin, and surprisingly my bid was successful.

    It was my first time in the Norwegian Premium cabin which is sort of like a budget version of Business, but in reality more like Economy Plus. Aside from more legroom, realistically it wasn’t much better than economy. It was nice to get off the flight quickly at least, and there was virtually no line at immigration in the airport which is extremely rare when you first arrive in the US. So I got out of the airport rather quickly, and grabbed a subway to my hotel.

    For the first two nights I’m staying in a budget hotel in Midtown. I also stayed here the first two times I was in NYC (2008 and 2010). I remember it being much better! Maybe because that was before I became fond of the much more luxurious, upscale properties! The room is very small and noisy, and bathrooms are shared. Cheap - but I suppose extra comfort is worth the money..

    Today I have lots of things planned - a talkshow taping, a movie screening and two Broadway shows! More on that later :)
    Read more