Satellite
  • Day 6

    NYCC Day #4 + Halestorm

    October 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Last day at NYCC! Aside from a photo op with the legend William Shatner, I attended three panels today:

    - Deception
    A new show about the world’s great illusionist. We watched the first episode, which was really good, and it was followed by a chat with cast and crew. The creator of the show, and the main star, are actually both real-life illusionists. They even showed us some impressive card tricks. Definitely a cool panel especially when I wasn’t previously familiar with the show.

    - The X-Files
    Yeah! This is one of the few panels I had really anticipated since I’ve watched and followed the show for many years, and I really like the cast. The main stars were there - Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny and Mitch Pileggi - as well as show mastermind Chris Carter. They screened the world premiere of a trailer for the next season which is still shooting. The panel itself was not the most serious, but quite entertaining.

    - The Gifted
    Another new show that I wasn’t really familiar with. A lot of the cast and crew were there to present it - including actors Amy Acker, Stephen Moyer and Jamie Chung. We got a screening of the first half of a new episode, which looked promising.

    After my final NYCC panel I went around the show floor a bit more, although with so many people there it was not easy to get around!

    Overall a good con with some fun experiences, but a better lineup would definitely have improved things.

    After dinner in the theater district I got on a train to Long Island to catch Halestorm live! I’ve seen them several times now, and they always put on a great show. They cancelled a show two nights ago because lead singer Lzzy was sick. Fortunately she is better now - better than ever, actually! It was one of the best performances I’ve seen from her. Just incredible. They played a tribute to the late Tom Petty, and a beautiful rendition of The Rose. Just a fantastic concert!
    Read more