Satellite
  • Day 9

    Last day in NYC

    October 11, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    I’m flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, so this is my last full day in the Big Apple. This morning I started off with a tour, simply named The Tour. It concentrated mostly on the Midtown area, where I’ve already been walking around a lot. The bus itself was pretty cool though. ‘Stadium-style’ seating, many screens and a good vantage point to see the street go by. The guide told some interesting stories and facts along the way, but otherwise the tour didn’t offer much new.

    I then went downtown for another tour by the same company, The Downtown Experience. It was the same type of bus, but a little different since they provided a Virtual Reality component. It was basically a fancy set of goggles playing 360 degree videos along the way. Cool way to make a bus tour slightly different. This tour, of course, stayed mostly in the Downtown area and passed by places like the financial district (where I went for a walk afterwards), and Battery Park. Lots of interesting history there.

    After some more walking around Manhattan I had soup from the amazing “Original Soup Man” - or the soup nazi as portrayed in probably the most well-known episode of Seinfeld!

    Now I’m waiting for the evening entertainment to begin: Guns N’ Roses live at Madison Square Garden. There is no opening band so it looks like it will be more than 3 hours of Guns N’ Roses at the world’s most famous arena. Not bad for a Wednesday in October!
    Read more