Satellite
  • Day 15

    Last day..

    October 17, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    My last full day of this trip. This morning I tried to get the most out of my one-night stay at the Waldorf. I went to their incredible rooftop pool to hang out for a bit and enjoy the sun. It is still very warm here!

    After checking out, I went for a walk around the West Hollywood area and eventually made my way back to the Toluca Lake/Burbank area for a tour of Warner Bros. Studios. I have done the tour several times before, but it’s different every time since there’s always a lot of things happeing on the lot. It’s fun to roam the grounds where many of my fav. movies and shows were made, and continue to be. The tour included a look at the soundstage for the show Lucifer, the ‘picture car vault’ with many cool Batmobiles, the museum with props and costumes, and the various buildings and streets used in countless productions.

    They also have a relatively new feature that ends the tour - ‘from script to stage’. I got to hold an actual Oscar! Pretty cool.

    In the early evening I went to check out the Universal Citywalk with interesting shops and dining options. I kind of wanted to visit the Universal Studios theme park next door as well, but I have absolutely no money left!

    Instead I went back to Hollywood and walked to my final hotel - the mythic Chateau Marmont. I was upgraded to a ‘cottage’ which turned out to be my own little house! There is a bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. It’s a somewhat unusual hotel in many ways, but still a very in demand hotspot especially for locals. It’s infamous for being the place where actor John Belushi died in his bungalow some decades back.

    Tomorrow it will be time to head back home again..
    Read more