Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Singapore Day #3

    May 1, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Busy day with lots of walking - over 12k!

    I started in the morning with some lovely breakfast at the Hilton Executive Lounge, with a good view of the crazy weather outside: thunder, lightning and heavy rain. After a brief walk on the famous Orchard Road, I made my way to Sentosa Island - the entertainment capital of Singapore - maybe of Asia! This place is hard to describe, but aside from Universal Studios, it’s an island resort with hotels, restaurants, bars, golf courses, beaches, a casino and a number of museums, amusement parks and other forms of entertainment.

    I started with a visit to the S.E.A. Aquarium which claims to have over 100,000 marine animals of over 1,000 species. In any case it was an impressive place with many fishies. As (bad) luck would have it, today is a public holiday in Singapore, so probably half the city was at Sentosa today. It was super crowded, so it was too exhausting to spend a lot of time at the aquarium.

    I quickly saw the Royal Albatross, a tall ship that was apparently used in a Batman movie. After some walking around to explore the island, I also visited the Madame Tussauds museum which is always a fun experience. There were a number of Asian personalities I didn’t recognize though. They also had a 4D Marvel movie.

    I also saw a different 4D movie - Extreme Log Ride - where you ride a virtual rollercoaster :)

    When I got back to the city, I checked into the very last hotel of my trip: the luxurious Conrad, not too far from Marina Bay Sands where it all started...
    Read more