Satellite
  • Day 11

    Singapore Day #4

    May 2, 2018 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    I spent the last day of my trip at Universal Studios Singapore! It’s also located at the Santosa island where I was yesterday, so it was easy enough to get there again.

    I’ve previously visited Universal Studios in Hollywood and in Florida, so it was fun to try the Singapore version which is obviously modeled after and inspired by its American counterparts.

    I thought it was a fun experience, and I tried several of the rides: e.g. the Transformers one which I think is more or less the same as in the US, a ride based on The Mummy, and the Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase! There was also a soundstage with a show hosted by Steven Spielberg, which was set to mimic a major hurricane hitting NYC. Pretty cool.

    I also saw the live-action Waterworld stunt show. It’s very similar to the Hollywood version but still fun to see. However, it’s kinda strange to have the main live show based on a relatively old movie, especially when it was very unsuccessful.

    In a section of the park dedicated to the Shrek franchise, I saw a 4D movie and a live show with donkey! There was also a fun river boat ride with the characters from Madagascar.

    Overall a nice (and very warm) end to my adventures in Singapore and Bali 😎🏖

    Now it’s soon time for the long flight back home. I have upgraded the ticket to Premium Economy which shall be interesting to try out ✈️
    Read more