Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Fan Expo Day 4

    September 2, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Last day!

    I had three great panels in a row today. First up was Billy Zane. Again! I went to a panel with him at HorrorHound just a week ago, but it was fun to see him again. He talked about some of the same movies, but most of what he shared was different.

    Second panel was Richard Dean Anderson who played MacGyver back in the day, and later he was in Stargate for many years. Great guy, and it was fun to hear stories from the MacGyver years, and his take on the new version of the show (he didn’t like it). There was also a funny moment when a girl in the audience asked about a commercial he did many years ago for an energy drink in Taiwan! The con organisers found it online and played it for us (and Richard of course) on the big screen which was pretty amusing.

    Last panel of Fan Expo Canada for me was, very fittingly, with Tom Wilson and Christopher Lloyd from Back To The Future. I’ve seen them in panels a few times now, but they always have new and interesting things to tell, and they don’t get the same questions every time. Tom is really entertaining while Lloyd is a bit more quiet. A kid in the audience got a “Great Scott!” from him which was cool. They were asked if more movies may come some day, but the director and producer has made it clear they don’t want that to happen. They are apparently working on a musical though!

    Generally it was a good experience to visit a Fan Expo con for the first time. I had looked forward to seeing Jeff Goldblum but sadly he cancelled. Otherwise a good con.

    After leaving the convention center I made my way to the airport, for the long journey back home. I have a short layover in New York, but a direct flight from there.
    Read more