Satellite
  • Day 11

    Koh Samui Day 5

    March 3, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Another fairly quiet day in paradise.

    I started the day by munching once again on the delicious breakfast buffet at Zest. I’m normally not much of a breakfast person but when there are so many yum things to choose from, it’s hard to resist. They even have a smoothie station where they make fresh smoothies and fruit juices.

    Following breakfast I spent some time by my pool - I might as well spend as much quality time as possible in this fancy villa in one of the best hotels in the world! It feels like an adventure being in a 5-star resort like this where everything is perfect. I’m quite happy I was able to save up enough Hilton points for 5 ‘free’ nights since a room is usually $1,000 per night or so.

    The hotel offers a free boat excursion to a nearby island so I did that over the afternoon. The speedboat ride was fairly short but very nice, and the island where we had about an hour to spend was also lovely. There were pigs (or some derivation!) roaming about on the beach which was cute. 🐷

    On the ride back we passed by the hotel and got some great photos from the sea side where you can really see how they built this thing into the hill. Very impressive. I even spotted my own villa!

    Before dinner I went up on the 4th level to Aura, a small outdoor lounge/bar next to Jahn which is their premier award-winning restaurant. The sunset was also stunning from up there.

    Jahn is a bit too pricey so I went back down to Azure on the 1st level for their amazing pizza. Great way to end my final evening in Koh Samui 🏝
    Read more