Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    New York Day #4

    October 17, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Last day in New York!

    After leaving my hotel this morning, and checking into a different one for my final day, I went for another walk around the Midtown area primarily.

    Some of the stops I made along the way include: Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Grand Central Station and other places nearby.

    Over the afternoon I went on a movie and TV location tour where we drove around for a couple of hours (from Midtown to Uptown and back), to see a bunch of different locations used on the screen. When we were stopped in a specific location, a TV on the bus would show clips from a show or movie filmed right there.

    While I had seen most of the locations before, the tour guide was very entertaining and made it a fun tour.

    Following the tour, I visited a museum with a James Bond exhibit. They had some props, one of the iconic Bond cars, and some storyboards and stuff.

    I then went back to the infamous soup place for, well, more soup! They have a lot of different ones so it’s fun to try different flavors.

    In the evening I caught another Broadway show: this time the show “Secret” by the British illusionist Derren Brown. He’s done a number of shows over the past 20 years or so, both for the stage and TV.

    Among other things he’s done is predict the lottery numbers (allegedly), convincing an innocent man to confess a (made up) murder, and another where he had students tricked into committing a robbery.

    Tonight’s show was less dramatic, but very impressive. He would pick random members of the audience and be able to tell their names, for example, or a word they would be thinking of. It’s hard to explain the show but it was really impressive and interesting to see it live.

    From the official description: “Derren Brown: Secret transports audiences into the startling world of mind-reading, suggestion and psychological illusion. This theatrical experience challenges audiences to take a closer look at the stories and beliefs that guide their lives.”

    That wraps up my last evening in NYC!
    Read more