Satellite
  • Day 9

    Philadelphia Day #1

    October 18, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Early this morning I left New York City for the city of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. The train ride from Penn Station was less than 90 minutes and passed by in a breeze.

    It's my first time visiting Philadelphia, so it's pretty exciting. After visiting the local Hard Rock Café for lunch (a tradition when I'm travelling!) I walked around for a while in the city, exploring some of the historic neighborhoods. Ultimately I arrived in the most historic of them all, where I saw the Liberty Bell, and visited Independence Hall, the "birthplace of the United States" where the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were signed.

    Later, I walked some more in the city and eventually made my way to the famous Philadelphia Museum of Art. The steps leading up there are arguably more famous than the museum itself, since those steps featured in one of the most famous movie scenes of all time, when Sylvester Stallone runs up the steps in "Rocky" from 1976. To this day people still run up those steps to re-create the iconic scene from the movie.

    There is also a Rocky statue close by, another popular tourist spot!

    It was definitely fun to see both of these landmarks, and try to run up those steps myself ;)

    After exploring more of the city and walking back to my hotel, I had some dinner and called it a night.
    Read more