Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Las Vegas Day #2

    October 20, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    Long day here in Vegas!

    This morning I went out for a walk along The Strip, visiting a number of the enormous casinos/resorts along the way, such as: Caesars Palace, The Mirage, The Venetian, MGM Grand and others. These are basically some of the biggest hotels in the world, and they are indeed massive.

    Aside from the casinos, they also house a number of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues for comedy, theater, magic, concerts etc. While I have been to Vegas before, it’s always super impressive how everything is on such a grand scale. Totally over the top.

    At Caesars Palace I had a nice lunch, and later I visited the local Madame Tussaud’s museum. I was also contemplating visiting exhibits dedicated to the Avengers and Hunger Games movies, but both were fairly expensive.

    I also visited Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. A nice little enclave as part of the Mirage; they have pools for the dolphins, and cages housing white tigers and lions, among other exotic animals.

    Siegfried & Roy used to have a popular show in Las Vegas, involving actual tigers and lions as part of the show.

    I actually saw Siegfried himself today! I don’t think he usually hangs out there so that was a nice surprise.

    Later in the day I also got a chance to hang out by my lovely hotel pool for a while to enjoy the sunny weather.

    In the evening I went to the MGM Grand to try their famous buffet for dinner. They have a huge selection of dishes, as well as an extensive dessert menu. Always fun to try!

    I then headed over to the Hard Rock Hotel which is located in a fairly weird location away from the main Strip area. Anyway, they had an interesting exhibit at the resort, and I concluded the evening by watching the show “Raiding The Rock Vault”.

    It was basically a rock band that played covers of some of the biggest rock classics from the 70s and 80s. They played a lot of songs, covering music from artists such as Queen, Def Leppard, AC/DC, The Eagles, Bon Jovi and many more. The band did a great job and it was a good show!
    Read more