Satellite
  • Day 12

    Los Angeles Day #1

    October 21, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    A bit of a quiet day today.

    This morning I left the bustling Las Vegas for a very short 40-minute flight to Long Beach in California (not very long from Los Angeles).

    I’ve been to California a lot of times by now (10 probably?) but this is my first visit to Long Beach.

    I arrived at my hotel around 1 pm and was able to check in early which was nice. Additionally, my reservation had been upgraded to a very large room that actually spans two floors (sounds like I’m still in Vegas!). On the first floor, or on a sort of landing, the bedroom is placed while there is a living room on the ground floor. Very fancy.

    The room also features a nice water view, where the famous Queen Mary and the cruise ships can be seen in the distance.

    After getting settled at the hotel, and getting some tacos for lunch, I went to the Aquarium of the Pacific, a large aquarium and animal sanctuary near the harbour. It was a pretty big place, with lots of fishies to see. They had otters too - one of the cutest animals ever. Nice place for sure.

    After returning to my hotel, I enjoyed the pool for a bit, and the lovely weather. It was over 30 degrees here Celcius, which is a nice change from the other places I’ve visited where it has been fairly cold for the most part. Even in the evening it’s warm and comfortable which I love.

    Closing out the day, I had dinner at a nice seaside seafood restaurant close to the hotel 🐟
    Read more