Satellite
  • Day 23

    Máncora District - Peru

    September 12, 2016 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    I met up with the Israelis (Yarden, Ofir, Yehonatan, and Ron) at the bus stop at 5:00pm. We got on the bus and spent the following 3 hours to Guayaquil laughing our heads off. We also shared in our suffering as the same song played for all 3 hours. We got off the bus and immediately got on a bus for Mancora, Peru.

    The bus to Mancora was a 10 hour ride that began at 9:00pm at night. We spent most of the time sleeping happily in our 145° reclining sleeping chairs called camas. We arrived in Mancora at around six in the morning and were taken to a hostel.

    The Loki Hostal is a famous Peruvian hostel chain, for its very westernized hotel feel. Its a bit on the pricey side however and we weren't even planning to spend the night(our next bus was a 5pm) so we did the only obvious option.

    Yarden went to speak with the front desk and told them that we had a reservation(we didn't). When he couldn't find our reservation(reasonably as we had none) she told him she would try to check it in the morning. This whole bit legitimized our loitering on the premises. We promptly found ourselves a few comfy hammocks and went to sleep(picture below)

    We woke up around 10am and went to the front desk again. Whoever has been there for the night shift had already been switched out so it made our following actions quite simple. We told them that we had checked out already yesterday but wished to leave our bags in the storage room. They gladly complied.

    We left the hostel and got ourselves some breakfast, then we came back and spent the day at the pool with Israelis that the other people I was with has met in previous travels. We played volleyball in the water and even did some pool side reading. Around 3pm we showered in the dorm rooms of one of the friends who had actually payed to spend the night and headed out to catch a bus to Casma.
    Read more