Satellite
  • Day 46

    Go go chasing waterfalls

    May 27, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    So it’s been a while between footprints. But not because we haven’t been taking some big steps...

    This last week was a week off Mata Atlantica and a week of exploring northern Portugal once more.

    We spent our first 3 nights outside of Frank since we began.... (SHOCK!) at a Quinta and some wine with lovely views....but suddenly the next days became more magical as we got to camp again (as the happy campers we are)! Franks back and in the Gerês National park. It’s breathtaking here....we arrived after a mission of a journey!! We are no 4x4 but we surely tested the limits on some roads that turned out not to be roads as we reversed the way back out. Well done Tobi!!
    And these roads are narrow! My gosh. It was an adventure...

    And finally hours later and many detours/desvios we arrived at camping Ermina and it’s all we could have hoped for....
    A friendly welcome and a hand drawn map to the nearest waterfall, who were we to say no ;)

    It didn’t disappoint as we swam below our private waterfall...in crystal clear waters, fresh but not glacial !

    Hand picked a fresh bouquet of wild flowers as we wove through the cobbled streets up and around and between the local village and into the forest. MAGIC.

    And home for the best nights sleep. Peaceful surrounds, fresh air, lush landscape and some waterfalls can do a lot for a person!
    Read more