Satellite
  • Day 3

    Vienna 1st Impressions

    September 19, 2021 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Here are a few quick looks at one of the most beautiful cities in the world. There will be lots more posts from here.
    The 1st picture looks over the Schönbrunn Palace and the city of Vienna from the terrace of the Gloriette (see Schloss Schönbrunn post). The 2nd picture is the Wiener Staatsoper, the famous Vienna opera house. The 3rd picture is the statue of Mozart near the opera house with the G clef in flowers.
    The 4th picture is of the Demel Coffee House, dating to 1786 and was the pastry purveyor to the royal court. It is said to be one of the oldest coffee shops in Vienna.
    The 5th picture is the Art History Museum built to house the extensive collections of the royal family. Included are many works of cultures worldwide as well as the many curiosities gathered by the family.
    As Vienna is a center of the arts, there are many museums. For example, there is a mirror image building to the Art History museum that is the natural history museum. The last picture is a portion of another called Museumsquartier. This is a complex of a number of museums near the other major museums such as the Art History museum.
    Read more