Satellite
  • Day 3

    We have arrived!

    January 16, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Finally arrived in Bangkok and checked in to our hotel. Once on wifi, realized we apparently missed Snowmageddon back home, so this trip was amazing timing on our part! It was just starting to snow when we left.

    Flew China Eastern for the first time. Wasn't sure what to expect as the reviews were mostly really good or really bad. All in all, I have no complaints! Well worth the $700 round-trip airfare! 😊

    I'm 5'2" but had plenty of leg-room. Sharon will have to provide her own opinion this! Each seat was provided a new pair of headphones, and there was individual in-seat entertainment. There was a mix of movies, including recent Hollywood releases. They even had games which were pretty fun and helped to pass the time.

    Foodwise, it's airplane food. What do you expect?? On the first leg, from Vancouver to Shanghai, we were served 2 meals. It wasn't bad but was served cold/lukewarm. My only wish was for it to be hot. Aside from that, the shrimp on rice in corn sauce was good, as was the pork pasta. They also served warm buns, but it came after they had served the meal. Would have been nice if it had been served at the same time. We also got a tuna sandwich as a snack between the meals, but it definitely wasn't that interesting. On the 4 hour flight from Shanghai to Bangkok, we got a single package of crackers. No comments on it as I didn't eat it.

    Finally arrived in Bangkok! We had pre-booked a transfer and after a little while, Sharon spotted the sign and the nice man waiting for us. Quiet drive to the hotel but thankful that there was no traffic at 2am! Couldn't wait to check in and get some rest. No complaints about the hotel! We had booked a holiday escape package that included a room upgrade and it definitely was that! Views from the 24th floor (highest floor the elevator goes to!) at 3am. Can't wait to see this view in daylight after some sleep.
    Read more