Satellite
  • Day 4

    1909

    July 5, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This was a supper we were really excited about (although that’s like splitting hairs for us on this trip). We watched Paul Moran win Top Chef Canada just a few months ago and when he won, we immediately booked into his restaurant.

    We arrived at the waterfront restaurant and were seated in front of two amazing views of the sun lowering onto the water. The menu looked incredible and we found it impossible to choose, so our wonderful server helped us along, although I really don’t think we could have made a bad choice.

    We began with albacore tuna on white radish, which was completely mind blowing! They were perfect little bites of heaven and we almost ordered another plate for dessert! We also had coho salmon gravlax with roast potatoes and morels stuffed with humboldt squid (a dish Paul made on the show).

    After the starters, we shared locally caught black cod with cubes of fried tofu and gnocchi with morels. I love black cod, so that was a winner for me! The boys liked the gnocchi best, so our sharing worked out well.

    For dessert, Evan had the s’mores and we shared a sea buckthorn tart because where else can you get a sea buckthorn tart?! Just like the entire meal, dessert was also amazing!

    We headed home quite full and ready for bed.
    Read more