Satellite
  • Day 5

    Cox Bay Surf Pics

    July 6, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Today was the first day of Brad’s surf camp! We got up at 7:30 to have breakfast and then called the surf camp to find out what beach he’d be at. After a quick stop at Rhino Coffee, we drive out to Cox Bay. While Brad got his gear on, I went down to check out the beach. The tide was pretty far out, so the beach looked like it was endless. The surf looked good for some starter surfers!

    I left the beach and drove to the Visitor’s Centre to grab our park pass and then went back to the condo to retrieve Evan. We decided to do a walk through town and made a stop at the farmers market to grab fresh cherries and raspberries.

    After our tour of downtown Tofino, we drove back to Cox Bay to watch the last bit of Brad’s lesson. Evan put on his swim trunks as well as he thought he might go swimming - because he is crazy.

    We got to see Brad ride a few waves before his lesson was done. Evan decided he would run into the water and I have some pretty hilarious videos of him running towards the water and then promptly running back out. With the water being only 12C, it was pretty chilly!
    Read more