Satellite
  • Day 30

    Paris to Rome

    July 27, 2018 in China ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Today was a big day. We packed up from our Airbnb in Paris and headed to the train station at Chatelet Les Halles. Our location in Paris was amazing. It was very central and we could just walk to the station and catch the train directly to the airport. Charles de Gaulle Airport is very accessible by train from the centre of Paris.

    It was a bit sad to say goodbye to Paris, but Rome lay ahead, so onward we went.

    The plane flight to Rome was smooth and quite short, maybe 90 minutes. It is amazing to travel so short a distance and be in another country with another language and culture.

    We arrived in Rome at Airport Fuiccimo, which is some distance away from Rome, but once again can easily be accessed by train from Rome. We had to catch a train, then a tram, then walk to our Airbnb in Trastevere.

    Trastevere is the really old and quaint section of the city across the Tiber River from the main city centre. This was the old Jewish quarter of Rome and it is a fantastic quaint area. Sam and I walked past the very place where Priscilla and I stayed when we first came to Rome three years ago in July 2015.

    We wandered the old streets of this amazing city and ate pizza for dinner made fresh at Pizzeria Nerone. What else? Rome is an amazing city with a long history. The evidence of the Caesars and their empire seems to be around every corner.
    Read more