Satellite
  • Day 33

    Manuel Antonio National Park

    January 31, 2019 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    All sorts of scare stories about this park! From 'you won't get in after 8am' to 'the monkeys will pinch everything'. We were confident as we had dated tickets-wrong! I luckily checked the night before and found they were open tickets. Not good news so we were up early and off by 7.30 with the staff at the lodge warning we would have to queue just to get parking and then to get in.
    Well I found a nifty short cut and we joined the queue about 5k from the entrance. Well that turned out to be just a very slow cement lorry and once we passed it there was no problem right up to the entrance and we were in by 8.45!
    Ok so now onto the park itself. Very beautiful with well laid paths to the main sites. We saw monkeys, raccoons, sloths, frogs, crabs, iguanas and a variety of birds before relaxing on one of the beaches and enjoying a cooling swim.
    Back at the lodge we found there was live music that night with an extended happy hour and much cheaper snacks for sale. So we sat around the pool and had a few drinks whilst listening to a very cool Ohion singing many of his own compositions and being entertained by the antics of a two year old boy in his own little world!
    Read more