Satellite
  • Day 3

    Potsdam

    June 7, 2016 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    Guten Tag! We woke up later than expected today - but worry not, for we have managed to see all that we wished to see. First we ventured into the Berlin dome, a huge and beautiful church. We marveled at the altar and the organ inside and hiked up the dome to view the city from above and take some sick panoramas. Afterwards, I (Richard) took us to the DDR (East Germany) Museum. The interactive museum was very interesting and gave us an insight into the lives of the people in the communist part of Germany.

    After eating lunch we took the city train to Potsdam. The journey was more complicated than we thought since a part of the train tracks was under construction but we made it to Potsdam with about 1 hour and 30 mins of travel time. We spent the rest of the day in Potsdam, where we visited the twin palaces, another palace, and the Chinese tower. Then we walked to yet another palace, where the Potsdam conference was held which ended the Second World War. After resting in the gardens of the palace, we had excellent burgers for dinner in Potsdam and then headed back to Berlin where we were reminded that asparagus is on sale.

    We arrived at the hotel at around 10pm and are now going to finish watching a movie and pack our bags for the journey to Leipzig tomorrow.

    --Richard :P
    Read more