Satellite
  • Day 31

    Day 30 - Inglorious Morning Glory

    January 9, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 29 °C

    How do we manage to wake up at 2.30am & not get back to sleep again?

    We went to breakfast & had toast & bananas. The coffee was still cheap instant rubbish.

    After breakfast we booked our minivan to Krabi Airport for lunchtime on Monday. It was then down the beach & a brisk walk to the end & back to burn breakfast. I couldn’t see anything on the outward journey other than severe suntan lotion sting in my eyes. Drastic action was required & I had to have a sea water eye bath!

    After the walk, I immediately followed it up with a run along the usual route. Lunch was liquid only. After we did the walk for a second time, then abused Happy Hour.

    The big news is that the Roi Thai sign has been taken down & the restaurant is now trading under the La Marina name only. Did I run Roi Thai out of town with my scathing review?

    The beach had been quieter today, probably people starting to go home for work on Monday. So we went to highly reviewed Jai Dee Restaurant, which has always been full when we’ve previously looked. Lo & behold there was a spare table so we grabbed it.

    What a disappointment. The service was slow, bordering on I think they forgot about us, the 2 different chicken dishes looked & tasted the same & the morning glory was flaccid & tasteless.

    It will be back to MaMa’s Style & Spicy Spicy only for the remainder of our stay in Ko Lanta.

    Song of the Day - Morning Glory by Oasis.
    Read more