Satellite
  • Day 116

    Flagstaff, Arizona

    June 2, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    An early start this morning! Had to be at the Greyhound bus terminal by 6am! I arrived by taxi and got my tickets at probably the most unorganized Greyhound terminal I have ever been at!

    After trying to locate coffee (I had something that was supposed to be a cappuccino, but threw it out after one sip... why can't the Americans make coffee.. how hard is it? Seriously!) I end up being corned by this guy covered in tattoos. Okay, maybe not corned, however he had just got out of jail and wanted to tell me his life story and even showed me pictures of his wife and his travels to Zion National Park!

    After a while I was able to escape! Although my new seat next to this young girl.. who was clearly intoxicated, on the phone to her mum telling her that she had just escaped from her sober living compound! What a place! Due to lack of seats in the terminal I had to remain next to this lady until our bus was boarded.

    Finally I was on the bus and quietly hoping none of the Looney's had joined! I was in luck my trip to Flagstaff went without any incidents and got in a taxi with another guy to share costs.... although after making conversation with him, I find out he was on his way to the courthouse to surrender himself to police after missing his court hearing for being caught with 9 pounds of marijuana!

    Eventually arrive at my hotel, Rodeway Inn and feel like locking myself in my room for the next two days!

    After freshening up I go exploring Flagstaff Downtown which took all of an hour! For dinner I went to the Lumberyard Brewing Co. We sampled some of their brews earlier in can form but it was much better drinking straight out of the glass with a nice tri-Cobb salad. My waitress, Melissa was getting hounded by the big table next to me who were ordering drinks and shots I was surprised I got my meal and drinks so quickly! She must have mixed up some of their orders, which I don't blame her... so I wrote her a nice review on Trip advisor to hopefully cheer her up!
    Read more