Satellite
  • Day 31

    Last day in dublin

    October 4, 2016 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Spent the day on a 5 hr trek. Found where Oscar Wilde lived and a statue of him across the street. See the shots. Went the museum of natural history today and saw some very interesting species. Irish deer which no longer exist had the rack span of 8ft across. They put our moose to shame. Couldn't take many photos because I ran out of space on my phone. Had to dump a couple of apps and clean up the mail. Having my last Ginny as I take off tomorrow at 6 am to catch my flight to Ljubljana, Slovenia. So excited because there will be some good wine there and it will be cheaper. Ireland in general is expensive.
    Irish facts: I have only seen two ginger here the whole time; everyone smokes and looks twice their age; Irish people yell all the time; the streets are littered with garbage; there are a lot of homeless on the street (mainly looking for $ for beer; the fashion is adidas track pants (yes even the women)! The Irish people are incredibly helpful, happy and can't wait to tell you their life story. They have incredibly good manners and a hilarious sense if humour. I have laughed a ton!
    Read more