Satellite
  • Day 15

    Krakow - Sunday

    August 28, 2016 in Poland ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    After the previous day we decided to take it easy and have a lie in which was a good idea considering we were a little fatigued from the constant walking around so far on our trip.

    When we did finally drag ourselves away from watching Friends in our apartment, we headed into the old city for a general wander. We walked to the university that Copernicus studied at back in the day (although the library which is apparently quite lovely was closed). There was a music festival of sorts going on in the main square and we had a nice chat with a Polish reenactor about how a man is meant to correctly kiss the hand of a lady (the man is meant to bend his head down to kiss the hand, not bring the hand up to his head). We had more pierogi for lunch by which point we were starting to hit our limit of pierogi (I’ve skipped mentioning a couple more pierogi-based meals). We ended up having Italian for dinner just for a change in cuisine.

    In the evening we went a classical concert in one of Krakow’s churches which happened to be on that night. It was the perfect match between the beauty of the church and the beauty of the music.

    We finished the night off with a return to the Absynth Café where I enjoyed some extremely alcoholic absinth-based cocktails.
    Read more