Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Madrid, day 2?

    June 21, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Maria really feels like we’ve failed. Nothing hilarious has even happened yet...and we all even got into a BOAT...but...nothing. Peer pressure from the shortest among us who wanted to row a boat in Retiro Park. Maria thought for sure since Melinda fell on her face and got stuck in the corner of the pond last time that it might be epic. But nothing. I mean, yes, we discovered that Ian has a weak left arm, and we were pretty much on the teacup ride in Disneyland for much of the time he rowed...but nobody got wet, lost their phone, or had to call the Coast Guard from a park pond. We do apologize.

    There is still the chance for Maria and Melinda to get caught in the “4 person” elevator at the apartment...with no cell service...but don’t hold your breath.

    Mostly we ate, sweated, and showed the kids the big players at the Prado. We even spent some time trekking the museum in search of a portrait of Isabella of Portugal. Maria doubted Melinda’s old brain was remembering its location correctly, but the culprit wasn’t even her brain. It’s on loan to a museum in Japan. We know. We know. “Museum tragedies” aren’t what you are looking for here. We will try harder next time.
    Read more