Satellite
  • Day 13

    Last day/night in Vienna.

    May 11, 2016 in Austria ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Always a bittersweet leaving a beautiful city.
    So today was a free day to go out and take in as much as we could of some places we've already seen.
    We started our journey from our hotel with a leasurely walk to find a place to have breakfast. We found a small place which seemed to be husband/wife owned.
    Had a ham and cheese omelette that reminded me of my mom's. It was hot chocolate for me and John ordered a latte. A crisp morning so a hot drink was perfect to warm up.
    We continued on our walk and stopped at a few, no not a few every souvenier shop I could take John into. LoL
    We took a few pics along the way and continued our walk to places we may have not seen on any tour.
    We stopped at three different churches/cathedrals. We both have enjoyed the beauty in each and every one of them.
    Started heading back to our hotel to straighten up and go through all our souvenirs. Picked up 4 bottles from some people on the street introducing a new drink. Pretty good non-alcoholic drink. Love Freebees.
    After we were done we got ready to go on another adventure.....WALKING. We shopped and walked. Found some hat's along the way. We walked and found this hidden restaurant with some viennese food.
    Kinda fancy yet casual and this nice older man seemed to work the whole restaurant on his own. He spoke very little English but luckily he had menu's in english. Very easy to just point. He was very pleasant and kind and the food was the BEST! Beer, Lemonade, 2 salad bar salads, Vienna Trout with white rice, ribeye steak with potatoes and grilled onions for only $34. Great PRICE for a great dinner in a very nice restaurant. As we walked towards our hotel we realized we were only a couple blocks away.
    John is so good in directions no matter where we are it's impossible to get lost. I just walk and walk and stay right next to him.
    Time to get some sleep it's 10:30pm here now. We'll be checking out very early for our next destination.

    Here we come ROMA, ITALIA!!!
    Read more