Satellite
  • Day 15

    Vatican City

    May 13, 2016 in Vatican City ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Blessed be Rome II
    Today started with an early breakfast here in the hotel. The hotel has a small area for a breakfast buffet it was good and the small patio deck had a nice morning view.
    We walked over to meet our tour guide GIGI. (Meeting place a 5 minutes walk) HE was an awesome tour guide so knowledgeable, funny and remembered our names! The tour was 4 hours long. Started at the Vatican Museum then the Sistine Chapel to the Vatican itself. So much beauty and so much history. We enjoyed the tour very much.
    We walked back to our hotel to take care of our transportation to the Amalfi Coast. Finished that then it was off to the Colliseum. No walking there we took a taxi. Nice taxi driver he loves Americans.
    Walked around the colliseum. We didn't do the tour as there were so many other places we wanted to see. Tomorrow is a very early morning tour. A tour to TUSCANY!!! We'll be walking 20 minutes to get to the meeting place.
    After the colliseum we sat and had a panini to share and a couple of beers. We decided to take the On and Off tour bus just to get back to the hotel and see more sights.
    We have been very lucky weather wise. Cloudy yet cool and sunny. The weather couldn't be much better considering the 10 day forecast showed rain when we were in Vienna.
    Took over 300 pics today. I didn't post them all...but thought you may like and enjoy the ones I chose. (See Facebook Album).
    Dinner was at a restaurant right next door pretty much to the hotel. We had wine Spitzers, spaghetti and I had pasta rice with seafood. DELICIOUS! The hostess gave us a complimentary shot of GRUPPA. Just what we needed to give us a boost.
    Tomorrow TUSCANY. 💙
    Read more