Satellite
  • Day 22

    Last day in Poland

    May 20, 2016 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Excited to get up and get going. Yet sad today is our last day in POLAND.
    We had breakfast delivered to our room luckily it got here before we left. Didn't know we'd be ready to get going so soon. Breakfast was worth waiting for. Funny how we seem to eat strawberries more when we are out of Oxnard. Anyways.....
    Our walk was nice, weather PERFECT. We enjoy our walks here through parks, old buildings, shops and the smell of bread and pastries.
    We took a walk to the Old Jewish Quarters and Ghetto Square. On the way we came across a beautiful, large church. Not on our list to see but what the heck we'll check it out. So happy we did. CORPUS CHRISTIE CHURCH is one of the most beautiful churches we've seen. Absolutely DIVINE. We walked around and took in all the beautiful decor. WOW! Corpus Christie Church is a MUST SEE!
    We walked over the what John calls "LOVERS BRIDGE". That took us to the Jewish Quarters. I don't know if it was worth the walk but if we hadn't gone we would of missed out on the Corpus Christie Church.
    On our way back we shared a Oreo Cookie/Raspberry Gelato. Got back to the shopping area and shopped. Because we were thirsty we decided to visit the Mexican restaurant we went to last night and have a couple of margaritas. This is sure to help our tired feet and get us relaxed for our Couples Massage.
    Walked back to the hotel then walked over to where we'd be getting our long awaited massages.
    We had so many kinks, knots and pains that the massage had us feel at the end that we could do another 100 miles.
    After the massage we walked back to City Square to shop and have dinner. I tried the priogis filled with cheese and onion and John had pasta and mushrooms.
    Enjoyed sitting outside like most Europeans do. Great scenery and people watching. When we finished we headed back to the hotel stopping at souvenier shops along the way.
    I must admit Krakow is a place I would certainly return to. This city has surprised me with what it has to offer and see. The people are nice, most speak english and there is so much to do and see besides Auschwitz. There are still things I want to do and see here in Krakow. We hope to visit here again someday!

    Tomorrows agenda: We are being picked up by car at 9am. Heading to Prague again it's a 4 hour drive. Lay over for our flight to Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Read more