Satellite
  • Day 8

    Cold Windy Day in Athens

    March 29, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌬 10 °C

    Woke up to rain still falling in Santorini. Dreading going out in the rain and getting soaked. We all had a continental breakfast delivered to our room's at 7am.
    John and I pack up the night before makes it much easier with the cubes. You also get to sleep in a little later, no rushing and you get to enjoy your morning breakfast.
    It was still raining when we walked up with our luggage. Luckily one of the guys carried our luggage down to the transportation office. So happy it wasn't pouring like it had been the day before.
    We arrived at the Athen's airport within 20-30 minutes. This airport is still as small as I remember it. We checked in all the backpacks besides mine. We were 30 minutes delayed yet we arrived 5 minutes before our scheduled arrival time go figure.
    We were able to get a van (Black Mercedes) to drive us to our hotel. Traffic is as bad as downtown L.A. with many people on scooter's and motorcycles.
    Driver said we were in a good spot close to everything. We checked into our rooms except for Robert his wasn't ready yet. Luckily we are on the same floor. Kalyn and Kenzie are right next door so we get to bang the wall to each other. Rob is right across from us.
    We were all very hungry so we chose ATHEN'S HARD ROCK CAFE'. Another tradition to go to a hard rock cafe in every country we visit. Food was delicious, drinks hit the spot and service was amazing.
    We decided to go walk around and shop. It is very breezy and very, very cold - 52 degrees.
    Saw 2 church's and walked into one. Beautiful.
    Lit candles for our loved one's back home.
    Next had to have GELATO. Yup we just had to with this cold weather. Found a nice little place with outside seating & heaters. Gelato with a cappuccino is what John and I shared. They brought water and 4 cookies along with the order. It's so nice how they always give you a little more extra.
    We finished and headed back to our hotel. Stopped next door to get water for our room.
    John & I wanted to check out the view on the rooftop. WoW!!! It is an amazing sight. We took a few picture's only a few cuz it was very cold and windy.
    Off to our room we go to get some rest for tomorrow. We will be seeing as much as we possibly can cuz Sunday we head home.
    Read more