Satellite
  • Day 11

    Traveling is a learning experience.

    April 1, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    I always learn a few new things or try new ways of traveling. I make a note of it not only for myself but for others to maybe consider trying. Here's a few suggestions:

    1. I still consider the CUBES the best and smart way to pack.
    2. Always confirm hotel reservations up to two weeks in advance. Keep all email correspondence. I print and add it to my travel binder.
    3. I use a flexible binder for vouchers, itineraries, tickets, emails and flight details. Flexible binders fit and bend easily in backpacks and purses.
    4. I found it handy and convenient to have euro's prior to arriving to your destination.
    5. Most "all" transportation companies take euro's and credit cards.
    6. We noticed that many stores will ask if you want your card run in DOLLARS or Euro's.
    7. Obtain tickets for those sightseeing places that are important for you to visit ahead of time. Not a "must" as we saw many places still had tickets available.
    (Just gives me a piece of mind).
    8. Schedule your airport to hotel and hotel to airport transfers ahead of time. Saves you time and I'm sure you'd rather be seeing sights.
    Hotel can also take care of this for you.
    9. Take advantage of breakfasts included with your room.
    10. Carry on or Check in luggage. Still not sure which I liked better. Carry on seemed to have worked for all of us and saved time.
    11. Enjoy every second cuz you'll only be there for a certain amount of days/time. You can sleep and rest on your flight or when you get home.

    Our trip was amazing we had cold weather but we were prepared for that in March. You either go when it's cold and less people or go when the weather is nice and there are lot's of people. We made the best of our days rain and wind did not hold us back.
    Read more