Satellite
  • Day 5

    P2D2 V.Franca to Porto de Muge, 36/158

    August 2, 2018 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    700 Not very pleasant walk along the train line on either paved or dirty roads. Nothing to buy on the way (at least there were some blackberries) until Azambuja (17km), where I bought some drinks and fruit at Aldi and had one beer in the town centre.
    Next 11km through endless tomato field - some of them were already ripe ... and good. The way was not so bad, but it was very very hot - 42°. Eventually I came to a small village (Regengo) and get 2 beer in Cafe Campino. My T-shirt was completely wet from sweat.
    Another 2 beer 3km later (only 1e each). The last 5km was nice along the river with lot of blackberries around. Nevertheless I was very happy when I eventually arrived at Quinta Burra, where I made reservation in the morning. The hospitalera welcomes me with two beer (later I got also a melon and an orange juice). I was the only guest today.
    She came from Madeira, bought a farm ruin here and had rebuild it. After same time pilgrims started to ring at the door looking for help (there are not many accommodation on this Camino), so she came to the idea to open an alberque.

    I was exhausted!
    Read more