Satellite
  • Day 86

    Unexpected Luxury

    February 22, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I woke the next morning with a headache from hell and had forgotten the clocks had gone back an hour so took a walk along the beach to blow the cobwebs away. It really hits me at how little we actually need to live and we are so excessive in what we have, my way of thinking has changed so much in these past 6 weeks I wonder where it will be at by the time I get home. We have also met some truly special people who have helped us an shown us things that we would never have expected. Its very easy when you travel to just tuck in with the English speaking travellers but I have made a huge effort to learn as much Brazilian as I can , and being with Brazilians has helped this process too. (A big thank you to these people you know who you are)
    I head back to 'camp' and wake mark as we have to check out at 11 we pack up and take breakfast and head over to the cove again with Rafael . It is even more beautiful during the day , but there are quite a lot of people here so we take a few photos and head back along a different trek.
    We spend the rest of the day chilling and discussing various places we should go and must sees along the way. We take notes and Morrella has made a delicious lunch which the five of us share. Rafael is catching the 15.30boat and we are catching the 1630 . We all say our goodbyes and the boat is so full our rucksacks have to go on top, whilst making the 2 hour journey back the heavens open and it literally pours for the next 2 hours.
    We collect our bags and make a hasty walk in the rain to the bus station, we need to catch a 1 hr bus to curitiba to get our overnight bus to igazu falls. With dripping backpack and another 12 hrs of buses ahead of us we are broken the bad news that the next 2 buses to Curitiba are full and we will need to wait till 11 pm. There is nothing else for us to do so we head to a bar and down a couple of beers and watch the football. The time passes quite quickly and before to long we are back at the terminal to catch our bus. We arrive in Curitiba to find the last bus has left for Iguazu falls and we need to wait until 8am to catch the next one. Its not safe to say at the bus station, so with a ibis hotel in view we decide to head there and have an unexpected night of luxury. Its now 1am and we'll need to be up at 630 so we get straight into bed and we're asleep within minutes.
    Read more