Satellite
  • Day 1,525

    Passing Through

    January 31, 2020 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Whilst looking for flights to Mexico I found it much cheaper to book our journey with a stop off in Madrid. After a quick flight we collect our luggage and jump on the tube to our Airbnb it was a couple of changes but nothing too complicated but on arrival we couldn't gain access. After numerous phone calls i suggested we go and grab a beer and a bite to eat. Across the road is an Irish bar so we head in and after fish and chips and a G & T and a few emails i finally get the access code. We finish up and after dropping the bags off and a quick shower we head out to explore the city of Madrid by night.
    Madrid is so romantic with its beautiful architecture, wonderful aromas and windy streets we strolled for a couple of hours enjoying a coffee along the route. We arrive in the Plaza de Jacento and i stumble across Paw Patrol, Mario and his friends I willingly have my photo taken with them and as i go to walk off they start shouting at me in Spanish they start to give chase and Im literally being chased by the whole crew of them I dart down alittle side street and down a small cobbled alley to find a lovely traditional Spanish restaurant offering the best Patatas Bravas in the world, How could we resist. I started chatting to the girls on the table next to us and had overheard the conversation that she had just been living near mexico city for six months and told them we were going to the town of Queretaro and she couldnt believe it as thats exactly where she had been. She told us how beautiful it was and the many beautiful places there were to visit. We buy an ice cream as we walk through the Theatre distict before heading back to the hostel to get a decent nights sleep.
    Read more