Satellite
  • Day 14

    Tulum

    April 4, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    We survived our night in the hostal … to be honest it was more than okay. I met a few people from other countries - it was nice. We had breakfast there and the cooks 3 yr old son, Diego, entertained us. He poured and served us 3 glasses of milk (not asked for), took our order (he thought) and then played with us till the food arrived. He was very adorable.

    I discovered I had been scammed at the Cancun airport by what I thought was a real taxi driver the night before. It was a fake who deceived and conned us into believing he was the best way to the city. In the end, paid WAY more than I should have for a short ride - lots of lessons learned. Kind of upsetting, but can’t do anything now but learn from it.

    Took an ADO bus from Cancun to Playa del Carmen where I bravely rented a car for the next four days for our time in Tulum. Driving in Mexico is quite the harrowing experience. I definitely prefer walking and public transportation- get to sit back and enjoy the country instead of stressing while driving. Just a different feel.

    Our Airbnb is excellent (again) and can’t wait to get out tomorrow and see the sites here.
    Read more