Satellite
  • Day 93

    Last day in Prague

    June 22, 2022 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    Miles: 4.2 Steps: 10329
    Flights stairs: 9

    Today was our last day in Prague and we had a nice relaxing time. We headed up to Petrin Hill on a funicular and went to the Mirror maze - it was cute. Wish it would have been harder, but still fun. Then we stopped at the Petrin Tower, Prague’s attempt to duplicate the Eiffel Tower. Built slightly differently and MUCH smaller, but neat to see. We also toured the beautiful rose gardens and then took the funicular back down.

    After that we headed back to the Head of Franz Kafka to see if it was working today, and found it was - kind of. There are 42 moving plates, and sadly 2 of them didn’t rotate. Still saw the gist of it, but the broken pieces didn’t allow it to do all it was supposed to do. If you google it you can see it working correctly.

    Then we headed thru the city for one last look. Everywhere we go we see Starbucks - it’s amazing how they are different in each old city and morph right in with the surroundings.

    Prague is definitely a beautiful place - and their public transportation system is the best we’ve seen yet. The US has a long way to go to catch up with the rest of the world it seems.
    Read more