Satellite
  • Day 96

    Another day in Amsterdam!

    June 25, 2022 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    Miles: 5.1 Steps: 14191
    Flights stairs: 10

    So the weather has definitely not been as bad as forecasted here in Amsterdam. It has hardly rained at all, and actually it’s been beautiful blue sky for the most part.

    We keep seeing all different kinds of restaurants - so different than in the US. Today we saw a fast food place, where the food is kept in little cubbies and you access it yourself. Like a vending machine, but it was warm, and actually not half bad.

    We took a day trip out to the small town of Zaanse Schwans. Just a 20 min train ride out of town. It is a town of historic working windmills and houses that recreated an 18th century Dutch village. They had many demonstrations going on — cheese making, clog building, and we were able to go thru the last working dye windmill in the world. They create dyes for paints and chalks - most notably the chalk used to line futbol fields! It was a really relaxing time walking around the village. And an added plus … the whole town smelled of cooking chocolate, as there was a huge chocolate making factory right next door. Very odd and fun to constantly smell chocolate everywhere.

    After seeing the village we went into to town and saw “Jurassic World”. This is our third movie in Europe, and this theater was even different than the others. It had lamps at each big wonderful seat. Great experience, and pretty good movie. 😃
    Read more