Satellite
  • Day 141

    Exhausting but amazing travel day

    August 9, 2022 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 90 °F

    Miles: 1.5 Steps: 3533
    Flights stairs: 15

    We had a long travel day today, but it was all worth it once we got to our destination!!!

    Took an hour taxi to the Istanbul airport, flew 2 hours to Kayseri airport, and then boarded a group shuttle van for another 90 min ride. The last part was so bumpy and curvy - But we made it safe and sound to Cappadocia, Turkey!! It’s been a bucket list city for me for years, and can’t believe I’m actually finally here! It’s a village built in and amongst caves and what they call fairy chimneys.

    We didn’t get to see much yet as we got in around 6:00. Found dinner and that’s about it so far, but just wow!!! I feel like I’ve been transported to another dimension. It literally is magical.

    We’re staying in an actual cave in the side of the hill and it’s fantastic. Dinner may have been one of the best yet. Just chicken, rice, carrots and potatoes … but so much flavor in everything. Tried a Turkish dessert - Katmer - phyllo dough, pistachios and cream!! Seemed like it had honey on it as well. And then followed with a hot pomegranite tea. Soooo yummy.
    Read more