Satellite
  • Day 9

    Pyramids yet not Pyramids

    January 23, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ 🌙 7 °C

    I took another toor and was yet disappointed. We were visiting the „Pyramids“ of the sun and the moon in Theoticlan. We could hardly understand the guide because of his really thick accent. Also he did not seem very motivated. Talking he walked ahead without caring weather we would here or not what he was saying. At 16.00 he sent us alone on tour because he had to accompany the driver to take bus from gate 3 to gate 2. We were supposed to meet at 17.15. So he needed 75 minutes for 1 kilometer???? However, we were a small group of 5 and had a lot of fun.

    I learned from my guide of the trip the day before; The „Pyramid“ in Centralamerica are not called (and are not) Pyramide because they are different in built and purpose. (Forgot the right name)
    They are round/flat at the top and have stairs. They are built for the gods, observe the stars and developing their knowledge in Astrology.
    Au contraire the Pyramide in Egypt are pointed at the top and are graves for the dead loved ones.
    Only the base of the construction is the same.

    I climbed the pyramid of the sun but did not make for the other pyrami which is three times higher.

    On the way to the Pyramide we passed the Favelas of CDMX.It must have been for about 20 kilometer. They sit on the mountains. The young Brasilien couple said: „We have favelas but we never saw something like this. Apparently the favelas have basic infrastructures as well as school and healthcare. It was a shock.

    Two ease the shock I had two very good corncobs covered with Mayonnaise, cheese, chilipowder and salt. Mhmmmm, niammi.

    Will write very bad review for the lazy tour guide.

    Covered 7.6 km
    Read more