Satellite
  • Day 26

    Veracruz - Naya y Estaban, Vaisnavismo

    February 9, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Naya is Ary‘s flatmate. She is also a lawyer, studied with Ary and works with her dad who is also a lawyer. Esteban her boyfriend.
    Esteban is from Colombia. He grew up with the religion Vaisnavismohttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaishnavism. His mom practiced the religion. Since more than a year he lives in Veracruz with his community.
    Naya ha rough teenager/adolescent years. She come from middle/upper class family. She has been introduced to the religion by a someone she met accidentally. Sit years ago. She said she wasn’t ready then.
    A year ago she gave up her privileges, started to practice the religion and now lives a simple life to serve her god and the community. Gos as in a supreme being, whatever you like him/her to be.

    What I like about the community from what she told is the simplicity. Only four (not 10!) rules they need to follow. And to follow them is seen as a process. You are not a sinner if you don‘t follow the rules, it is recognized that you try as much you are able to in your own time.
    The community gives a sense of purpose in live like many religions. But it‘s tolerant and openminded.
    Read more