Satellite
  • Day 4

    Melbourne - Dandenong, & the 1000 steps

    September 19, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    First day being a full human being, got myself a nice 12 hours of sleep.

    Breakfast was an adventure in working on my "what to eat list" courtesy of Dale.
    Milo ✔
    Vegemite toast ✔
    Tim tams

    Then we decided to work off the calories we ate by climbing up the 1000 steps, and off to the look out at Mount Dandenong.

    The afternoon was then spent with a walk around Lilydale Lake. Reminds me a bit of Rice Lake but not surrounded by a forest. We then acted like the adults we are and played on the playground... sorry, I acted like I was an adult, Beck just watched me. And it turns out it's swooping season which means that the magpies are laying eggs and apparently they attack you when you get close. So that was a fun experience getting swooped by a bird... literally a cm above my head. But apparently this is lucky as they are known to draw blood. So your questions are answered.... yes everything in Australia is trying to kill you!

    Being attacked by my first Aussie animal ✔

    After our near death adventure we went out for dinner at Hunter and Barrel, kind of a less expensive Keg I want to say. Either way. I got me a nice steak, so good way to end a day.

    👣's: 16783 - 10.72 km
    Read more