Satellite
  • Day 4

    Welcome April in Ballyvourney

    April 2, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ 🌧 48 °F

    Today was our day to visit with our friends the Kelly’s; Joe and his daughters Deirdre and Neasa who have become dear friends on our visits here .We call Joe our Godfather as he has been instrumental in helping me to meet my cousins in the area and the Kelly’s have shown us such hospitality on our visits here .
    We originally met Joe when our B and B operator told us she’d like for us to meet him because he knows everyone here and introduced us.
    He does know every one and was keen to help me find my cousins and he did just that !

    We decided to meet up with them at Saint Gobnait’s shrine and to visit Joe’s wife and their Mom’s grave, and say hello to her too as is done here.
    Because the newest Covid variant is quite widespread here we won’t be able to visit the Kelly’s indoors .
    While we were at the shrine we met some visitors there who share the name Kelleher with my relatives of that name from the village of Coolea next to Ballyvourney.
    Of course, we had a lovely talk about various Kelleher’s and thanked Saint Gobnait for her continuing inspirations to all of us emigres from the area!
    We had a good visit sitting with Mrs.Kelly and tried to answer a few of the many questions our friends have about WHAT in the world is going on in the USA? ❤️☘️❤️
    After our visit we went to Gadaí Dubh Books and delivered Ronnie’s latest book as a gift from Ronnie for Conor the Owner.
    Cón was delighted to receive it ! He selected a book of local poetry and gave it to us for Ronnie ❤️.
    By the way Ronnie, Con loved the cover and was delighted with your illustrations even before he had a chance to begin reading it .
    Read more