Satellite
  • Day 7

    Taipei

    July 30, 2017 in Taiwan ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    So this morning, we woke up at 5.00am in hopes of having a traditional Taiwanese breakfast near the Shandao Temple area. Good news: No more typhoon. Bad news: The shop was closed. So we headed off to Taipei main station to catch our bullet train to Kaohsiung due to depart at 7.30am. More bad news though. Bullet trains are not running before 12pm. Our flight from Kaohsiung to Kuala Lumpur was still on time due to take off at 1.30pm. There was no way we were going to make it back on time.

    So, we reorganized. We bought flight tickets from Taipei airport to KL. Buying them last minute, we considered ourselves lucky as there were still seats available, but the price was on the high side. It was either going back or being stuck here. Not that thats a bad thing but we had work the next day.

    So off we went to Taoyung International Airport and boarded our airplane which departed at 1.30pm. We reached KL at 6.30pm. We later found out that there was a second typhoon by the name of Haitang that struck Taiwan that day. We considered ourselves fortunate to have missed that one.

    Overall, a good trip that ended with a bang. Might go back to Taiwan again in the future, but maybe not typhoon season next time.
    Read more