Satellite
  • Day 3

    Viking River Cruise

    June 1, 2018 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    Salt Lake City to Amsterdam. The flight was the best I have had in years. Though the plane was crowded, we were treated like royalty. There were good movie choices - I watched The Post. It was really good.

    We arrived at the Amsterdam airport right on time - at 2:30 Amsterdam time in the rain. There were two Viking guides who met us as we grabbed our baggage. The van drove us right to the hotel where we checked in. We were all pretty dozy for the rest of the day.

    We are staying at the Regency hotel in the center of town - very close to the harbor where our ship will be docked. Downstairs is a coffee shop where we grabbed Lattes and macchiatos. (A latte is coffee and milk. A macchiato is espresso poured on top of frothed milk. Who knew??). We sat outside and enjoyed the perfect weather.

    It stays light so late that we didn’t realize the time. We walked to a restaurant with horrible service and ordinary entrees. One I would like to un-remember.

    Amsterdam is a very busy place. The crowds are massive and fast. It seems as though they walk in herds at a really fast pace. Adding the bikes whizzing by, I had to be a defensive walker!!! I am hoping to find a quieter place during our walking tour.
    Read more