Satellite
  • Day 27

    The Road to Revelstoke

    August 28, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    We have a long drive ahead of us, and on the way we stopped at a tourist trap known as Hell's Gate. This is a natural phenomenon of narrows of a river, where the salmon surge upstream. They needed some assistance as in the 1910s, the worker's in their wisdom used some blasting to clear some rocks and almost knocked out the salmon industry of the area. A salmon ladder was built to assist.

    We caught the AirTram (really a short gondola) to the floor of the area, and crossed a suspension bridge....

    Interesting, but we need to Ep motoring...

    We arrived at Kamloops, which is a meeting of two rivers, and decided it was time for dinner...we found a great restaurant (Earl's Kitchen & Bar), and had a great meal. We later found this was a small chain of restaurants, not that you'd know, so will look out for them again!

    Wretched Revelstoke our destination for the night at about 9:30 pm, and checked into the dodgiest hotel ever.. Walls paper thin, no hot water in the shower! Paul nearly broke his to on the leg of the bed, which seemed to be some improvised gadget! Ugh!
    Read more